ago730 days ago
For many years now, polyurethane has been specified for many different applications in the marine industry due to its unique ability to be tailored to the project. Whether PU foam is needed to insulate the cabin of a narrow boat, reduce cooling costs for cold stores on fishing vessels, provide buoyancy for pontoons and buoys or any other application, Rooflok can supply a suitable polyurethane system and any advice required. Along with many other benefits, polyurethane foam can provide:
Rooflok sprayed insulation provides the ideal solution to insulate and prevent condensation in narrow boats, wide beam boats, dutch barges, cruisers and virtually any other form of marine craft. When building or fully renovating a narrow boat, one of the most important factors to consider is the insulation. As a narrow boat’s life is generally spent sat in relatively cold water, and the boat occupants more often than not want to feel warm and comfortable inside the boat, insulation plays a key part in the overall function not only of keeping the boat warm but also preventing any condensation forming on the colder steel hull.
As Rooflok insulation is spray applied directly to the inside of the hull, rather than attempting to mechanically fix rigid boards or batts, there are no gaps present which could present problems of ‘cold-spots’ in the future. The insulation is spray applied as a liquid through specialised machinery and equipment, once sprayed to the hull the foam will expand and ‘cure’ to form a rigid layer of insulation with no gaps or thermal bridges. Being applied as a liquid also allows the foam to get into any voids and behind any gaps in battening, this drastically reduces any thermal bridging and prevents any condensation from forming.
Why Choose Sprayed Foam Boat Insulation?
Rooflok spray insulation offers many benefits over other, more traditional forms of boat insulation, including:
• Speed of application -- typical narrow boats can be fully insulated within a few hours
• Spray applied rather than mechanically fixed -- no labour-intensive cutting and fixing needed
• Applied directly to the surface -- even profiled surfaces or more complex shapes can be insulated quickly and easily, with no gaps between the insulation and the surface
• Excellent insulation values -- insulation levels can be achieved with the minimum depth of insulation, saving valuable internal space
• Eliminates risk of condensation – Rooflok insulation has excellent thermal insulation values, a very high resistance to water vapour and when installed leaves no thermal bridges in the structure, all meaning that condensation is prevented from forming and damaging internal boarding or fixtures.