ago1020 days ago
£10-£12 per hour plus holiday pay
Flexible hours: 14 - 40 hours per month dependent on candidate preference
More hours available and essential for school holidays and staff cover
LOCATION – RYDE, Isle of Wight
Our client is an 18 year old young lady, looking for rehabilitation support workers to work with her 1:1 in her own home and in the local area. Our client likes playing games at home, watching movies and going to the local shops or cinema. She is just starting to learn life skills and needs support to understand the world around her. She is just starting this as part of a rehabilitation package which is clinically run. Her disability causes her to have some anxieties over new experiences and change. She needs support with learning daily/life skills, activities of 18 year old: socialising, meeting up with friends and vocational activities. Our client is very energetic, has a great sense of humour, bit of a tomboy, and enjoys running on the beach and getting to know her local area.
You need to be able to:
1) Support the client to live life to the full.
2) Liaise/interact with family, younger siblings and professionals: including Speech and Language therapy, Neuropsychology and Neuro-occupational therapy.
3) Complete paperwork to a high standard and risk management.
4) Support progression towards planned goals and facilitate planned activities.
5) Maintain a safe environment, maximising physical and mental wellbeing at all times.
You should have/be:
1) An enthusiastic character with the ability to sensitively encourage in rehabilitation
2) Excellent communication, organisational and listening skills.
3) Previous knowledge of developmental delay would be an advantage.
4) We are looking for someone that can be equally patient, caring, supportive and fun.
Whilst past experience of working with someone with an acquired brain injury would be of benefit, personality and sensitivity to clients needs are of equal importance.
Flexible working hours required; bank staff to cover weekends and school holidays with available hours of 14 – 40 per month. Pay will be initially between £10 - £12 per hour plus holiday pay, depending upon previous experience and qualification. Clean driving licence, successful DBS Disclosure and referencing required.
For application pack call or email to (Ref. HMK)