Catch22 are a social business based in Cosham who are looking for exceptional volunteers to join their Work Ready Team.
We work across the whole of Hampshire but are focusing our current recruitment on the Isle of Wight.
Volunteer mentors will be paired up with one of our young people, usually from a challenging background, and support them in gaining and sustaining work or an apprenticeship.
With world-of-work experience, our mentors meet with their mentee on a weekly basis and support with things like:
- Getting to an interview,
- What to wear on their first day of work,
- Budget and travel planning
- Taking them out for coffee for a chat
- Supporting them for up to 6 months once they have gained employment.
So, if you:
- Have 1-6 hours a week to spare
- Are friendly and approachable
- Are over 18
- Willing to undergo a DBS check
- Think you could mentor a young person in achieving their career aspirations