ago283 days ago
Tai Chi Chuan is an ancient form of Chinese exercise, famous for its slow, soft movements, which makes it suitable for all ages and abilities. Less well known, is that Tai Chi Chuan also a very effective martial art.
We are a small group who practice Wudang/Wu Style Tai Chi Chuan on the Isle Of Wight UK.
We practice the five key elements of Tai Chi Chuan:
1) Hand form : short forms and long form
2) Self Defence : martial applications based on the hand form and Tai Chi Chuan principles.
3) Chi Kung / Nei Kung : exercises to promote good health, by working the breath, circulation and flexibility.
4) Pushing hands : sensitivity drills that train martial ability, through the direction and control of force.
5) Weapons : Spear/staff, sabre and sword forms and applications which complement the hand form.
New students are welcomed whether they have an interest in martial arts or just want to improve their health and well being. We will adapt the training for all ages, abilities and interests.
We practice Thurs 7:00pm to 9:00pm at Northwood WI Hall, Northwood, Isle Of Wight. UK
Phone John for more information : or email click to contact